Most of the design and development for this site was done by David Parmelee, a freelance user experience designer who specializes in the amusement industry (David’s portfolio). To contact me or hire David, please see David’s website or Twitter. David rendered the following services for the Coaster Crew Network sites:
- Interaction design
- Information architecture
- Visual design
- Usability consulting
- User research, user survey administration, and usability test administration
- Prototyping via Axure and Dreamweaver
- HTML5/CSS3 development
- WordPress page layouts
- Photo editing
Projects like this don’t get done without some great support from other Coaster Crew staff. David would like to thank everyone who helped, especially:
- Matthew Rydzik: IT and technical support
- Tim Holloran, Clint Novak, and The Legend: management and filling me in on the history of Coaster Crew and In the Loop
- Other Coaster Crew Network staff and forum members (too many to list): design input and migrating the fansites to the new design
- Michael Collier, Nikki Feldman, and Joshua McLachlan: photography
- B&M, Intamin, Arrow, Charlie Dinn, and Curtis Summers for designing the rides in the background photos
The rides in the background photos:
- Home: Wild Beast at Canada’s Wonderland, Great Bear at Hersheypark, The Beast at Kings Island, Dragon Fire at Canada’s Wonderland, Dominator at Kings Dominion, Griffon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
- About: Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion, Great Bear at Hersheypark.
- Podcast: Dragon Fire at Canada’s Wonderland.
- Events: The Beast at Kings Island.
- Forums: Dominator at Kings Dominion.
- Footer (all pages): El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure.
This site uses the following:
- The One Pager, a premium WordPress theme by WooThemes
- Many WordPress plugins
- Fonts: Alfa Slab One, Nunito (3 weights), Sail, Spicy Rice
- Icons from StateFace and the IcoMoon app (some combination of these icon sets: IcoMoon, Broccolidry, Entypo, Steadysets, Cuticons, Brankic1979, WebHostingHub Glyphs, Typicons, Silkcons, and 105 Loops)